Key Hostel Features
• FREE Linen
• FREE Wi-Fi
• 24 Hour reception
• 24 hour guest kitchen facilities
• 24 hour travel shop and ticket sales
• 24 hour CCTV for added security
• No lockout or curfew
• Luggage Storage
• In room locker facilities
• Snack vending machines
• Common rooms with digital televisions
• Laundry facilities
• Custom designed beds
Smart Russell Square Hostel is perfectly located in the heart of Central London, created with the hostel and budget traveller in mind. Located just off London and Europe’s most popular shopping area, Oxford Street, we are less than 400 meters from the British Museum, we are a short walk from many of the iconic and famous sites of London, and we’re located in an ideal area for any type of trip. Smart Russell Square Hostel provides cheap, affordable, safe and value for money accommodation in London. Every room is key card locked as is entry to the main part of the building, security lockers in every room, we also provide a 24 hour reception and have security staff during the night.
Local London sights within walking distance from the hostel include; Oxford Street, British Museum, Covent Garden, Camden Market, National Portrait Gallery, Soho, the National Theatre, the fantastic South Bank, National Gallery, the West End Theatres, Regent Street, Leicester Square, Kings Cross and much more.
Our transport links are fantastic and the location of the hostel in Central London is amazing. We are located within 4 minutes walking distance with luggage from Russell Square Tube or Metro Station which is directly linked to both Heathrow Airport and Kings Cross St. Pancras for the Eurostar Train. We are directly linked either by bus or the tube to every major train and bus station in London. There are 24 hour buses running next to the hostel, making us accessible at any time of the day or night.
We offer budget accommodation in London but still ensure that your safety and comfort are our primary concerns. Every room has been built with the London hostel traveller in mind, each room has custom build beds, design with privacy and functionality in mind. The beds have curtains and panels ensuring that your stay is private and comfortable. The rooms are locked with electronic key card locking systems and we provide lockers and safes in the rooms which use the same locking system. Reception is open 24 hour to help you with any questions or problems you may have. All rooms are cleaned daily and maintenance checks performed weekly. Making us one of the safest hostels in London.
Smart Russell Square Hostel has FREE Wi-FI and internet cafe, TV common room, self service laundry and dryer facilities, guest kitchen facilities, currency exchange, travel shop and much more.
Beat the long lines and wait at your favourite attraction as you can buy Fast Track tickets to all the major London attractions such as Madam Tussauds and the London Eye directly from our reception desk. We also sell discount theatre tickets to all major shows in the West End of London.
Our location as a hostel in Central London means we are also an ideal venue to see London’s vibrant nightlife. We are within walking distance to all the major clubs, bars and the trendy Soho areas, but not close enough to disturb your nights rest. There is no curfew or lockout and our transport links are so good you can party the night away.
from 14:00 to 24:00
Important To Know
No wheelchair access
Children NOT accepted
Private rooms age restriction: no restrictions
Dorms age restriction: from 16 years to 45 years
Smoking policy: All rooms and the common areas are NON smoking
Animals NOT accepted
Terms and conditions
The property accepts the following credit card brands for balance payments: Visa, Mastercard, Visa Electron, Debit Cards.
The property reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
Other charges: No.
Free cancellation at least 24 hours before arrival date, first night of stay fee for late cancellation or no show
· Guest are required to show a valid photo ID (passport, drivers’ license etc.) upon check-in to the hostel. We do not accept the following as valid forms of ID including Industry ID cards, company security cards, travel cards, debit or credit, or student ID.
· All our hostels use ‘Bunk Bed’ which may be inconvenient for the physically challenged and older guests who have low mobility. If a lower Bunk is required due to disability, we require advance notice of at least 7 days to ensure a bed can be reserved.
· The hostel operates a 14-night maximum stay policy, after which returning guests are free to rebook after a 6-week period.
· Rooms are to be kept in a clean and tidy state. Medium sized locker will be provider inside the room for no additional cost.
We recommend a maximum of 1 travel backpack and 1 Standard Luggage; if a guest’s luggage is overly sized, you will be asked to move it to a separate luggage room at a cost of £1.00 per night.
· Age Policy: Guests between 16 and 45 years of age are free to place bookings in our shared dormitories. Guests aged 15 or younger and above 45 years of age are unable to use the shared dorms and must book in a private dorm or room.
Check-in and Check-out
· Rooms/Dorms are available to check-in from 14:00 on the day of arrival; however, if arriving earlier you are welcome to drop of luggage in the morning of your arrival at the hostel where it will be store until your return to check-in.
· Check-out is before 10:00am on the day of departure. Luggage storage is available after checkout up until midnight; there is an additional charge of £3.00 per item for this service.
· In case of No-Show, the hostel will cancel the booking after 04:00 am the following day unless the hostel is contacted beforehand. If you arrive a day late without informing the hostel, we will try and find you a bed, but this may not be in the same room type booked and may incur extra charges.
· Penalty charge or expulsion from the hostel may result from the following activities:
Lost Key Card: You will be required to pay a replacement charge of £5.00 for each key card lost during your stay, please keep it on your person always.
Anti-social Behavior: The hostels have a zero tolerance to in-house fighting or harassment with guests being asked to leave once a compliment has been received and verified by staff.
Poor Hygiene: Guests with low standards will be asked to improve the situation, after which guests will be asked to leave the property if no improvement have been made.
Breaking Hostel In-house Rules
Flexible Rate/Smart Rate
·The first night of your booking will be charged from 11:00am the day before arrival via the credit/debit card you have provided on booking. Please note if the charge is declined you will be notified via email to provide a new valid card, if no update is received the booking will be cancelled at 11:00 AM on the day of arrival.
·The remaining nights will be payable on arrival to the hostel either with Card or Cash payment.
· Changes requested with 24 hours of the date of check-in will be treated as cancellations (see “Cancellations” below).
· Changes to confirmed reservations (e.g., changes in dates or changes in number of guests or nights) are subject to availability of a suitable alternative and are subject to any additional costs incurred in making the changes to accommodate your request.
2. Non - Refundable/Smart Non-refundable Rate
· The total cost of the booking will be charge to your payment method at the time of booking.
· If cancelled, Modified or in case of No-show the total price of the reservation will be charged.
· Bookings made under the Non-Refundable rate are not refundable under any circumstances.
· All cancellation requests must be received in writing in the form of an email.
· We require a full 24 hours’ notice to cancel a booking. The 24 hours are counted backward from 12 Noon on the date of arrival.
Fees and Payments
· We accept all Cash payment in Great British Pound (GBP) only.
· We do not accept Maestro or American Express bank cards; we accept all other Credit and Debit cards.
Lost and found Policy.
· Any items found inside the property will be kept during a maximum of 7 days after the check-out date, after that it will be immediately disposed unless you have contacted the property beforehand and arranged an appropriate collection date.
When booking individual beds, we will always attemped to allocate grouped beds together in the same dorm. However, on particularly busy days this may not always be possible. If needed please contact your hostel to confirm your rooming.