THE ALCATRAZ BACKPACKER HOSTEL - central, individual, affordable.
The Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel is situated right in the middle of the popular district Prenzlauer Berg, where students, party folks and unstressed residents mingle.
The house was colourfully decorated by local graffiti artists and is a popular photo opportunity both for passers-by and our guests alike. Just around the corner from us you may find cosy coffeeshops, trendy designer stores, old fashioned record shops, second hand clothing and lots of low-priced restaurants to feast on either asian, italian, arabic or german food. The ideal starting point for sightseeing, shopping and nightlife!
Around the Hostel:
- 5 minutes walking from here you will find the “Helmholtz-Kiez”, a small district of charming cobblestone-streets packed with cosy cafés, cool bars, inviting restaurants and small shops selling unusual things
- 5 minutes walking from here you will also get to the “Kulturbrauerei”, a former brewery which has been refurbished and now hosts several clubs, theatres and a cinema as well as a beer-garden in summertime. Worth visiting, not only for the nice industrial age architecture
- 5 minutes walking from here you may find the “Mauerpark” a municipal park situated where the Berlin Wall has been back in the days. A big, lively flea-market takes place here every sunday
- 5 minutes walking from here you will find the 'Max-Schmeling-Halle', a big venue for concerts and sport events
- 10 minutes by tram you may find the “Wall Documentary Center”. A very informative exhibition of pictures, videos and other information about the division of Berlin and what it meant for the city of Berlin. You can see the original parts of the Berlin Wall as well as the death-strip including watch-towers, all rebuild within the city.
- 10 minutes (or 3 stops) by underground line 2 you will reach “Alexanderplatz” with its famous, huge television tower that can be seen basically from everywhere in the city. Find lots of shopping opportunities here. At Alexanderplatz the district of “Mitte” begins, with all main points of interest to be reached within walking distance from here. For example, the “Nicolaiviertel” is the historical center of Berlin. This is basically where the story of Berlin began (go here and eat “Eisbein mit Erbspüree”, you won’t find any other food which is more typical to Berlin than this!). But also Museum-Island (with its famous “Pergamon-Museum”!), the Opera-House, Gendarmenmarkt, Friedrichstraße, the Brandenburger Tor, the Reichstag or the Holocaust-Memorial can all be reached by foot from Alexanderplatz!
Ask us, and we will tell you even more points of interest in Berlin!
What we offer:
- open 24h
- no curfew, no lock-out
- friendly, multilingual staff
- common room with TV
- DVD player can be lend at reception
- one common room for smokers
- free table-football
- free internet access, free wifi hot spot
- all rooms are non smoking
- outdoor terrace on courtyard
- smoking possibilities in one of the common rooms
- cool drinks at the reception
- fully equipped kitchen and eating-area
- bikes for rent
- safe luggage room (locked!)
Please note: in case there is no online availability for the nights you wish to book, please send us an email. We might still have some rooms/beds available!
de la 15:00 la 1:00
Până la 11:00
de la 07:00 la 01:00
Important De Știut
|Wi-Fi access (zone comune)||DA|
|Wi-Fi access (camere private, dormitoare)||NU|
|Mic dejun||3.80 EUR (pe client, pe noapte)|
|Lenjerie||2.00 EUR (pe client)|
|Dulapuri cu lacăt (dormitoare)||DA|
|Prosoape||1.00 EUR (pe client)|
|Închirieri biciclete||Cu cost suplimentar|
|uscător de păr||DA|
|Frigider (zone comune)||DA|
|Telefon (zone comune)||Cu cost suplimentar|
|Sala de mese||DA|