Enclosed in a low valley and surrounded by hills, this is a small village with ancient roots. Without any doubt, its origin goes back to the period of the nuraghi since these buildings intermittently dot its territory. But the origin of its name is uncertain: according to some scholars the word forru would derive from the Phoenician term for whose meaning should be garden. According to others, however, the term would refer to the nuraghe which stands out on the 'Genna Maria' hill where archaelogical research has ascertained that the first metals were being melted. In support of this suggestion, an old saying which goes 'Genna Maria fumat ma non codit pani' (Genna Maria smokes but it does not bake bread).
The most recent suggestion about the origin of this small village's name, which was changed to Collinas in 1863, sustains that the name would go back to the Roman period and to the word forum, which means market.
Welcoming guest rooms equipped with en suite bathroom and furniture which reminds of the typical houses of the Campidano region: wide fireplaces, enamel painted rough chairs, wash basins and wrought iron bed heads, just as in the old country houses.
From the wide windows the gaze can rove from the outline of the Mount Arci and then plunge into the waters of the gulf of Oristano, more than 50 km away.
The entrance hall, spacious and welcoming, fitted out with a fully supplied library is the ideal place for a relaxing moment after a hectic day.During summer afternoons, the relaxation area extends to include the outdoor small terrace and the pine wood, where children can play while adults are laying down on the hammocks.
|uscător de păr||DA|